Relationships and Sex Education
Here is further information about our Relationships and Sex Education provision at Ysgol Gymraeg Llundain.
At Ysgol Gymraeg Llundain, good relationships are fundamental to our ethos. Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) is lifelong learning process about relationships, emotions, looking after ourselves, different families, sex, sexuality and sexual health. It involves acquiring information, developing skills and forming positive beliefs, values and attitudes. RSE has a key part to play in the personal, social, moral and spiritual development of young people.
The aims of relationship and sex education (RSE) at our school are to:
- Provide a framework in which sensitive discussions can take place
- Teach children the correct vocabulary to describe themselves and their bodies
- Develop confidence in talking about feelings and relationships
- Help children develop feelings of self-respect, confidence and empathy
- Have the confidence and self-esteem to value themselves and others
- Prepare children for puberty, and give them an understanding of sexual development and the importance of health and hygiene
- Create a positive culture around issues of relationships and sexuality
- Understand about the diverse range of different relationships, and families, and their importance for the care and support of children
- Behave responsibly within relationships
- Be able to recognise unsafe situations and be able to protect themselves and ask for help and support
Please go to our Policies page to read our Relationships and Sex Education Policy.