The school is now open to Nursery, Reception, Years 1 and 6 and Key Worker children as stated in Government Guidelines.
This is a ‘Good’ school – Ofsted 2018
“The unique nature of this bilingual school is valued by staff, parents, carers and pupils…The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding. Pupils feel safe in school and the school’s leaders do their utmost to ensure the well-being of pupils.”
Our school mission is to serve our community by providing an inclusive and safe environment where we work to enable our children to develop into confident lifelong learners and responsible global citizens.
Here at Ysgol Gymraeg Llundain we follow the Welsh Curriculum which provides rich and challenging opportunities to motivate our children. A love of learning is fostered through exploring, discovering and investigating cross curricular topics. Numeracy and Literacy is embedded throughout all learning experiences and provides a foundation for children to reach their full potential.
We aim to:
- Prepare our children with the skills of independence, resilience and the ability to solve problems so that they may navigate life beyond primary school
- Maintain a safe and happy environment in which all children have the opportunity to develop personally, physically, socially, academically and spiritually
- Teach a creative, stimulating, meaningful and relevant curriculum with a wide range of learning experiences to meet the differing needs of individual children.
- Encourage a joy and passion for learning within each child.
- Create a partnership with parents where they are actively engaged with their child’s education.
- Encourage children to experiment, make mistakes and have the confidence to try again.
- Ensure that every child has equality of opportunity to develop his or her potential.