Families often ask how they can support learning at home. Here are a few ideas to help your child’s development at home.
- Attend school regularly
- Complete homework regularly and on time
- Encourage independence e.g. tidying up, dressing and undressing, collecting their own resources
- Visit local libraries
- Encourage them to hold a pencil correctly when drawing or colouring and to write in line with the school handwriting policy
- Read and discuss stories and books on a daily basis. Please remember to comment on development using their home-school reading booklet
- Continually develop their literacy and numeracy skills whilst helping with the house jobs e.g. setting the table – how many spoons, talk about what you can see e.g. on the bus, walking to school – what number is on the bus, noticing colours and shapes, use our weekly Talk Topic as a basis for conversation and discussion.