The school was founded in 1958 by a group of fathers who were sending their children to Welsh lessons on Saturday mornings. After endless discussions and appeals the school finally opened with thirty pupils.
We were thrilled to welcome the Rt Hon Carwyn Jones to the school in December 2015 to unveil a plaque celebrating the opening of the school in its latest location in Hanwell Community Centre.
60 years later, the school is still going strong and we celebrated this milestone with a concert, a service and of course a party. ‘A Fynn a Fedr’ , the school’s motto, is a book outlining the history of the school from inception to the present day.